Also known as goutweed, the ground elder is one of the first abundant edible greens that appear in springtime, together with cow parsley and nettles. It has a long history of being used as medicine-food.
Past research on the chemical composition of ground elder indicate that this plant includes:
- Essential oils, mainly limonene (the same as in lemon, has antibacterial properties) and felandren that have fungicidal properties.
- Large amounts of vitamin C and provitamin A (carotene).
- Minerals: iron, copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- Flavonoids, which are antioxidants.
- Saponins which have diuretic and expectorant properties.
Ground elder in traditional medicine is used primarily in the treatment of rheumatic diseases and gout.
✓ Vegan ✓ Gluten Free ✓ Lactose-Free ✓ No Preservatives
✓ No Added Sugar ✓ No Added Fat ✓ Cholesterol Free ✓ Nut Free ✓ All Natural
Place of Origin: Lithuanian farm
How to use: Provide health promoting qualities of each dish. Perfect for salads, smoothies, porridge.
Ingredients: Milled ground elder 100 %.
Net weight: 50 g.
Storage conditions: Store tightly closed in a dry place. Prevent from the long-term direct stream of light because the product may discolor and lose nutritional properties.
! Very important to a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.